Want to know if the real estate professional you’re interviewing has what it takes to sell your home? Ask them these six simple questions:
1. How long have you been in the industry? The reality is that entry into the real estate industry is relatively easy. You need to make sure you’re working with a full-time, committed professional that’s selling at least two to three homes a month.
2. Why should we list with you? If they can’t answer that question promptly and effectively, how are they going to sell your house?
3. How would you market our home? A true professional will have a written game plan for the marketing of your home, including what websites it will be listed on to create maximum exposure.
4. How are you going to keep me informed? With showings comes feedback, and you’ll want to make sure you receive that feedback in a timely manner. Establish a timeline for communication so that you’re not left in the dark. If peoples’ overwhelming response is that you need to make a change in your house, you’ll need to know this as soon as possible.
5. How much of your business is coming from past clients? A good real estate professional will have at least 50% of their business coming from past clients. They may be helping the same clients they helped previously, or they may be helping folks who have been referred to them by those past clients. This is an indicator of quality work.
6. What is your list-to-sale ratio? If an agent lists a home for $500,000 but actually sells the home for $400,000, that’s not a strong ratio. You need to choose someone who is selling homes for at least 90% of the list price; our list-to-sale ratio is 98%.
If we can be of any service to you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us by phone or email. We’re always here to answer your questions or represent your family and friends.